The Princes

January 4, 2012

Best news and a name!!!

On December 19th Jeff and I headed to the oh so important gender scan. I was nervous and excited at the same time. We both thought for sure it was going to be a boy. I was secretly praying for a girl. About a minute after we got in the room the ultrasound tech knew what we were having. She said the magic words "It's a girl!". I almost started to cry because I was so overwhelmed and excited then I looked at Jeff and I just saw pure shock on his face. He was so certain that we were having a boy he just could not believe it was a girl. The tech said that she was 100% sure it was a girl. Jeff got over the shock and is super excited to have a little girl. She was being a little stinker and would not show us her face so we had to go back in on the 29th for another scan. We got some really amazing 3D images of her cute little face. As soon as I figure out how to get them downloaded I will post them. The 2nd ultrasound tech also confirmed that she is a girl. I felt so relieved because I kept hearing all these stories of people being told it was a girl and then finding out it was a boy.

On Christmas Eve I really started to feel her for the first time. Now she is moving ALL the time. It is so nice to know that she is in there and doing ok. I am a bit of a worrier so that is pure relief for me each time I feel her little kicks. On Jan 2nd she started kicking hard enough that Jeff was able to feel her kick. He LOVED it! We are so blessed and could not be any happier. We only have 4 1/2 months to go and so much to plan.

Jeff did not want to discuss names until we knew what we were having so the second we got in the car I started going over the names that I loved. He shot down a couple and then I said the one that I really loved. To my surprise he loved it too. It was that easy. I almost thought he was joking because no way was it going to be that easy. He was not joking at all. Our families love the name and so do we. We can not wait to meet........................ Piper Marie Prince!

5 comments:

Hess Fam said...

LOVE her name Heather! I'm so excited for you!!!

Jeff and Heather said...

Thanks Megan! I am so excited for you and your little boy!!! Congrats!

Amanda C said...

Love the name! So cute! I'm so excited for you guys :)

Jeff and Heather said...

Thanks Lu! I am excited to see you on the 25th!

The {Prince} Family said...

I cant wait to meet my new niece baby Piper!!!! She is going to be such a little cutie pie :)

And yay! I was happily surprised to see that you have started updating the blog again. You own't regret it. I wish blogging was around when Toddy was a brand new baby. You are going to be a great mama sis!