A few weeks ago I was visiting with my SIL. She just moved into a adorable house and is having fun decorating. She shared with me her love/obsession with blogs and craigslist. I got so inspired! I have now been OBSESSED with craigslist and blogs. We have lived in our house for a year and a half and it is sooooooo far from where I would like it to be. We finally painted our bedroom grey. So that is where I plan on focusing most of my time. I did how ever find an amazing vintage dining table on craigslist that I will be refurbishing soon. This was my first craigslist experience. Lets just say that I was very happy that my BIL could go with me. The guy selling the table was really sketchy to say the least. I am terrified to refurbish so I decided to start small. I will be fixing up 2 UGLY brass lamps that I bought at a garage sale for $5 for both. One will be a fun yellow and the other robins egg blue. I can't wait to see how I do with these and then I will move on to my bigger projects! Wish me luck! Here are the before pics:
I really need to stop with the craigslist purchases for now because I am going to........CHICAGO in 13 days!!!!!! Every year Pampered Chef has their National Confrence in the Windy City. I have never been there so I can't wait to explore this wonderful city! Shopping is calling my name which is exactly why I MUST stop shopping now. Jeff won't be going with me and this will be our first time without each other. I will miss him and my babies tons but I am really looking forward to the fun times that I will have with my new PC friends! If anyone has been to Chicago any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
June 23, 2011
Inspired and Excited!!!!!!
Posted by Jeff and Heather at 10:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
yaaaay! you are back in blogland! :) and i can't wait to see YOU get crafting girl. I KNOW you can do it.... once you get these lamps behind you, it will boost your crafting confidence FOR SURE :)
call me if you need anything!
Post a Comment